Home> Blog Archives
We don’t care much for the look of acoustic tiles. They were in the entryway and in the hallway:
They came down pretty easy, but each was adhered with a big dollop of glue in each corner of the tile. The glue was very hard and stuck well to the plaster.
Despite scraping, melting with acetone, and other methods, it would just not budge. We knocked down the glue as well as we could and had to do a layer of drywall on top.
You may also notice another change from the above picture to the next next picture, the front bedroom had a second doorway that we didn’t want for now, so we closed it in. The door and wood parts were saved to be used for a later project.
And the end result:
The hallway looks pretty good too. Thanks to Mom and Dad for all their help with the drywall work.
When we removed a built-in bookshelf, we noticed that there was framing for a window there already. A window had been covered up, inside and out.
There was also the large bathroom window. We want to change the layout of the bathroom in the future to put a bathtub against the outside wall. When the cost came back almost equal for 1 window vs 2 windows we decided to go ahead. So this window on the right side:
The window was changed to a small one like in the other bathroom, a proper size for above a bathtub. The other window is a double hung to match the other already-updated windows. Stucco was reapplied:
And after painting with texcote, you can hardly tell there was anything done. The living room feels much brighter and we are happy with the change.